We believe that in order for Curbell to prosper indefinitely as an organization, it is essential to live by a core set of guiding principles. As our business grows and diversifies, our core values will serve to insure that what we stand for, as an organization, remains intact. Individual departments may have unique behavior codes related with the core values, but there are three core values and related behavior codes that apply to all of Curbell:
Integrity is choosing to act in the best interest of the company over individual needs.
Respect is treating others in ways that inspire them.
- Risk giving an honest opinion.
- Share knowledge and information to help others succeed.
- Admit mistakes and share them with others.
- Do what needs to be done before being asked to do it.
- Follow through on commitments.
Learning is continuous testing of experiences, and the transformation of those experiences into knowledge that provide competitive advantage.
- Listen with a sincere intent to understand diverse points of view.
- View differences of opinion as opportunities that can be used to improve Curbell.
- State your assumptions and observations to show how you reached your conclusions.
- Take responsibility for creating cooperative relationships.
- Recognize others for their contributions.
- Ask "How can this be done better?"
- Investigate to discover root causes of problems and refrain from finger pointing.
- Expand your skills and abilities by seeking out challenging opportunities.
- Seek to understand how your behavior and actions impact other employees, departments, and systems.
- Question your assumptions to clarify your "internal pictures" of colleagues, customers, and events.